Sometimes conversations are so good, you do them two times. Other times you do things two times, because shit happens, and life gets in the way. That’s what happened in my chat with social media strategist and crafty lass, Meighan O’Toole, where the software I used to record the conversation decided that it didn’t want to work correctly, and I lost an entire first half of the conversation. It was a brutal realization, and I thought I’d lost another great interview, but something amazing happened.
Meighan said she was open to continuing on, even if we rehash some of the bits we already talked about. I applaud her for being open to pushing through, and what came about was an entirely different conversation the was one of the most fun times I’ve had while talking to someone.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- The future of social media for creatives
- The most important tool she believes everyone should be using
- Should you use images in your email updates or not
- Her venture into podcasting, and talking with powerful people
- Her and I hanging out drinking seltzer at Craftcation
- Commiting yourself to making things to improve your life
- Meighan O’Toole
- What’s Your Story Podcast
- Her old blog, My Love For You
- Music: No Bottles, No Milk by The Bionic Rats
- People Referencd: Abby Glassenberg, Anne Freidman, Caitlin Dewey, and Steve Powers
- Make It Might Ugly book by Kim Piper Werker
- Come to the Craftcation Conference
- The Fresh Rag “Fresh Craft” Meetup at Craftcation
- Spread some love!
Photo Credit: Andrea Freeman Rice